cr 144 pipes eric or marcus

phazerrd

Dec 16, 2001
i had an eg 144(99 cyl) kit on my 01 cr125(worked great!) but with the stock pipe on, the front tire hit the pipe.im assuming the 99 cyl is longer from front to back, i just lucked into finding out that a 99 pipe bolted up fairly easy and solved my trouble. now im going to put the kit on my 02, will the 99 pipe bolt up with the frame differences? any ideas, or even if i had to modify a pipe which pipe is the best suited for my 02 with the 99 cyl (144) is the boyesen flange enough shorter to aleviate this prospective trouble im about too face? thanks guys.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
So basically you want to fit a 99 kit to the 02-the 01 pipes fitted the 02 but not perfectly.So at a guess your original 99 pipe may well fit, but with the small differences it may end up not fitting.Its going to be a trial and error setup i think.I doubt many people have fitted the 99 cylinder to a 02 and so not much background info is out there.Its likely if you are willing to modify your parts, you will get a setup that works.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I had to grind the fitting between the pipe a silencer (making it so everything slips together further) when I put an 01 pipe on my 02, otherwise the silnencer mount hole doesn't line up at all. But then again I do have an 01 exhaust manifold on and that one is shorter.... :think:

Isn't the powervalve system different on the 99's vs. the 02's?? :confused:

phazerrd

Dec 16, 2001
yes the pv is different, but with erics kit you dont need to use the pv, and also remove the actuator from inside the clutch cover to get rid of extra weight the crank does not need to turn. wit the extra ccs gained there is a gain in bottom even with no pv system and with his porting, it works amazingly well.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…