02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
The front forks stick under 1/4 stroke.They fill very notchy and sticky when you just sit on bike and bounce up and down.The forks are not very smooth and was wondering what I can do to fix it.I had the oil,bushings and seals changed about 4 rides ago and it has that stiffness in the first initial part of stroke,other than that the forks work great.When I got them back they worked great,but the problem just developed.

Thanks

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
It sounds like when you last put on your wheel, you did not correctly line the forks up. So now they are not parallel and bind because of that. Do a search on how to correctly install your wheel so that the forks are parallel.
Jim

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
I think I set the forks right,but i will search on setting up on front forks.Maybe check and make sure everything is aligned.

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
I've checked the front wheel alignment,but no luck.I will check further into the seals,and see if any dirt is comes out.

Thanks

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Tristan,
That urban forklore has been around a longtime.. While I'm not saying that it is recomended it won't matter.. What does happen though is the clamps are designed to flex. If you remove the flex then you change feel..

BR,
Jer

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
There are 2 things that could make this happen other than what has been said here. No lube on the dust seal for one. Pull your dust seal down a few inches & see if they still stick. I have also seen this happen with people spraying WD-40 on their fork tubes.

doc

02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
I fixed the problem some how.I retorqued the upper and lower,cleaned out the dust and fork seal,realighned front wheel.The problem went away,but dont know which one it was.I do thank all of you for your advice you gave me.Thanks

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
There was a guy out here in Jersey that was replacing the fork oil with BELRAY HVI 5 thinking that since they were twin chambers he could use that. It (BEL RAY HVI ) is very sensitive to oxygen and gets very sticky when exposed to the atmosphere . The seals actually were coming apart in chunks and the tubes were streaking . He couldnt figure it out until we told him of HVIs stickiness. Actually Ive heard of guys using it inthe inner chamber only on those T/C SHOWAS , But I think Ill just stick with what I know works . DEAN

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom