CR 250 suspension

stang31

Aug 11, 2002
Any ideas on how i can lower the seat height on my CR 250. At 5'2" I have a hell of a time starting it. I do most my riding in the woods so I spend a lot of time going pretty slow cutting trails. I took some preload out of it, I can reach one side at a time on my tip of my toes. I would like to be able to stand flat foot on it. Can cutting the subframe and lowering the actual seat height be done on the CR? Any suggestion, ideas??

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I wouldn't fool around with the suspension or the frame.
I'm not sure what year bike you have, however, in the manual for my '98 there are different seats available for vertically challenged riders from Honda.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not sure how they do it, but many suspension shops can lower a bike - shorter riders frequently have this done. FWIW, Factory Connection did a great job on my CR suspension for the woods. I would call them and ask about lowering.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I have lowered the back of the seat on my 02Cr125.I did this by elongating the holes on the bottom of the subframe.This allows the back end of the bike to sit a bit lower-about 15mm, its not a massive amount but it really helps.If you also shaved the seat foam you would have a RC replica.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…