matego

Feb 17, 2007
I have a 02 CR250 and I have been thinking of going to a Eric Gorr 265. I mostly ride trails very far from camp, sometimes 40 miles from the truck. Does the 265 add stress to the bottom end and make it more prone to bearing failure? Is there anything else that is more likely to fail from the added power? I love the reliability of my bike, and I don't want any headaches in the mountain. What do you guys think? Thanks Matt

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
15 cc isn't a great deal and I don't believe would add much--if any--additional stress to your lower end. I don't think Eric would produce a product that would grenade the low end. Hopefully, some people who have done this can give you much better feedback.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I had an Eric Gorr 2002 CR265 with Mo' Betta porting. Bulletproof! I would recommend this mod to anyone. I used mine for hillclimbing, single track trails, and a bit of mx. Very good power increase from the bottom through the upper midrange. The top end and overrev was about the same as stock. When I had mine, a buddy had a stock '02 CR250, and we would trade bikes to see the difference. 15cc changes the complete feel of the bike. I was able to run a gear higher almost everywhere with the newfound low end grunt. I never had a failure of any kind with the 265. Absolutely no regrets. And Eric Gorr is a great guy to deal with. I spoke with him on several occasions for jetting insight and general Q's about the 265 setup. He always was straight to the point and never rushed the conversation. I hope this helps.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Different bike but my 02 rm 265 by Eric now has about 40 or so houre on it and never had a hiccup. Highly recommended.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I realize your asking about a specific bike, but my 03RM265 has been running great since January. I have smoother more usable power with good over-rev. I went with more top end porting because one benifit of a big bore is increased low end. Give Eric a call, I'm sure he can suggest the best set-up for your type of riding. I highly recommend the mod, you won't regret it.

Good luck, Steve.

My next bike will be an 08/09 RM250. My first two mods will be Erics 265 and the suspension.

matego

Feb 17, 2007
Thanks for all of the great feedback. I have dealt with Eric in the past, and would not think of anyone else. I think what I really want is a push to make me call Service Honda and get a 500. Keep the 250 to trail ride and the 500 for the hill climb. Too many options and not enough green to support them all.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
That was my initial plan, also. I was going to keep the 265 and the 500AF. Funny thing is... Never rode the 265 anymore. So I sold it and use the 500 for everything.

matego

Feb 17, 2007
Darringer, I have never seen a 500AF in person yet. When they put in the CR engine, is it a factory looking install? From the pics, they look very clean. I like the look of a factory bike.... clean wiring, good welds, brackets that don't interfere with the bike etc. I think the 250 would stay though. It will end up like the 400ex, a loaner for friends with broken bikes. thanks for the response!

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Absolutely looks factory Honda. Never had any issues with the bike over the 1-1/2 years I've had it. Unbelievably tough too. I've watched the bike cartwheel down hills many times and was always able to ride back to the truck. Check out my gallery pics. Almost all of them are the AF.

Top Bottom