HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
The clutch is toast on my son's bike, but besides that being a problem, when he was riding it coming out of a turn, the clutch acted like it was engaged even after he left off the lever and one of the overflow tubes under the bike spit out a couple of ounces of liquid. I think this was radiator coolant but am not sure. In any event, the radiator is 1/3 or more after the last couple of rides so there must be something wrong right?
Can this be related to the clutch problem?
If not, how do you find out where/why you're losing coolant?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It's possible the clutch has been slipping overworking the engine and causing the bike to overheat. If it overheats it will spit coolant out the overflow.

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
I dont know if the CR85 is similiar to the CR80. On a Cr80 there is a small seep hole at the bottom of the water pump. Behind the impeller there are two seals. A water seal and an oil seal. The seep hole is in between these two seals. I assume it is there to keep water from reaching the oil seal.

So maybe you are leaking water from here? I have a cr80 that had a leak here cost me $10 in seals.

Good luck.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
I agree with all. I am going to add coolant overflow bottles to all of our bikes. Check them out Motion Pro makes one as does this company
CRT_kit_modified-186x146.jpg

http://rlrproducts.com/

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom