CR horror story!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:think: That is the only way you can get them. Unless Honda casts them differently from Kawasaki the come as a matched set. I just checked the database at work to be sure that they do.

Good Luck,
Phillip

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Yep the axle size of the CRs changed after 99, well the rear anyway.
I put a 98 CR125 cylinder onto my 00 CR125 a few moths ago. Obviously the exhaust valves are completely different so I had to take the valve actuator arm because it was a different length, the govenor was fine though. I also had to use the pipe from the 98 because the manifold on the 98 cylinder didn't match up with the 00 pipe. Unfortunately the pipe is a pretty bad fit, the rear mount point is way off so the pipe is loose but I only needed it for one Enduro while my cylinder was off with Eric...
The 98, 99, 00 and 01 pretty much all have different Honda part codes, whether this suggests they are not interchangable I don't know.

Hope that helps some...

Philip

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Guys,thanks for all the help!Even though the parts list mentions a "Crankcase assy",its only one case,left or right!Just had a polite "no" from BBR,buying parts from Honda looks like the way to go.Honda Europe cant even sell a complete engine.Buying from the US would certainly be cheaper,but also a lot more hassle,with taxes etc.Easiest by far would be to buy something inside the EU, I hope theres good news from Marcus......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…