Jul 24, 2008
hey i am on a limited budget and am wondering what kind of bike to get for under $2000.. im 6"1 170 so im looking for a 250 two stroke.. i live in oregon so i do a lot of riding on the dunes on quads and have never rode a dirtbike at the dunes. i know the cr's went to aluminum frame in 97 but ive heard that it really doesnt matter. just wondering what bike and year of bike would be good..pros and cons?? tips for dune riding on dirtbikes?? any help would be awesome. thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
First off, I hate riding sand on a bike. It is a blast on a quad but it is just a lot of work on a bike.

To stay in your budget you will need to get a two stroke 250, 5 to 10 years old. As for the brand, any of the major manufacturers, pick your favorite color.

To be serious about riding the dunes you will probably want to put a paddle tire on the back. But since the paddle tire can't be used out of the dunes you may want to get a spare rear wheel or get good at changng tires.

Rod

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I like sand riding. At least the little bit that i've done. It makes me feel like i'm fast because you are always on the gas. :) I agree it does wear you out more than trail riding but i wouldn't say it's any more tiring than an mx tracks.

jake760

Jun 1, 2008
Hey what part of the Oregon dunes are you riding? I'm at Florence all the time. Any 250 2 will do great. Riding in the sand is awesome once you get the feel for it. Just lean back all the time and stay on the gas. Don't slow down.

Top Bottom