crashbandit

Jul 30, 2006
Yo, i just got an 05 CR 125 yesterday and alredy love it to death. but i ran outta gas the 1st day i had it and it was about to drive me crazy just seeing it sit there, so i headed down to walmart and got some Quicksilver Premium 2-cycle outboard oil and a mixer. It says its ok to use with NMMA TC-Wll or TC-W3 or API TCenigins. Is this oil ok to use or should i get a honda brandname oil.
And also, it kinnda lacks in the top-end level, what can i do to help this?
BTW, i dont have an owners manual soo i need yals help with this.
Thanks

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
I wouldn't use that kind of oil. Maybe its just me but, I had problems using cheap oils. Now I use golden spectro with outstanding results. If its meant for marine outboard use i dont think you should use it in your bike. If im not mistaken i dont think its good for them, though i could be wrong. As for the top end, I would just change the gearing around a little bit.

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
I recently found a bottle of Castrol Super Outboard Oil myself but was advised not to use it in my 04 RM. I was told that the oil is very thin and can possibly seize your engine.

GODsRebel

Jul 27, 2006
Don't use that stuff....its for boat motors (completely different application).If you want to get cheaper oil, just head on over to pepboys or discount auto and get some 2-cycle motorcycle oil (i use valvoline) @ 32:1 (or higher depending on air temp./humidity/driving surface) and it works just as well as the expensive stuff....I'm new at this gig too.....learnin so much by readin these forums and tinkerin on my own

aussiemarc

Aug 3, 2006
well dude ur bike uses the oil you mix in with the fuel to lubricate the bottom end of the engine (there is no oil like in a conventional four stroke) so if you mix crap in with your fuel or an oil that isnt designed for 2 smokes its like trying to pour maple syrup in your car engine and running it. So you dont want crap oil lubricating your engine do you. I would suggest a ratio of 32:1 * depending on atmo conditions like someone else said the leaner you mix your fuel the more performance you will get but the more wear on your engine. Also if ur mixing real lean it pays to use an excellent quality oil like motul. If mixing 32:1 i use any good quality oil like castrol etc you can buy it at gas stations.

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
try klotz 40:1 and check the plug to see the color-it should be a tan /golden brown color
topend? isn't it all topend lol it is a 125
theres a lot you can do-try good oil and mixing it right first
--new pipe,an silencer, sprockets,reeds/cage, jets,ect...

Top Bottom