sbeauchamp

Aug 14, 2010
Hopefully this is a dumb (easy) question... My 2000 CR125 is having problems shifting up from second. If I reach down with my hand and push the shifter back down (just before it hits neutral) I can then shift up to 3rd, 4th, etc...

In other words it will shift up through gears easy with a little help, but without pushing the shift lever back down, I cannot shift up. It will shift back down no problem.

If I had to guess... there must be a spring that pulls the shift lever back down, ready to shift up gears again. Is this correct? Before I started taking things apart, I thought I'd reach out for some help.

thanks!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Before you start, do you have a manual? I am not certain if this is in the owners, but for sure the shop manual. There are 2 sets of springs and roller/holders for holding the drum, check them. Make sure the shift fork and the drum star are synchronized in neutral. Make sure the star and pawls are installed correctly. Did this happen from working on it, or crashing? Vintage Bob

sbeauchamp

Aug 14, 2010
No manual unfortunately. Just happened while riding, no crashes. Haven't taken anything apart yet. Any chance I might find a shop manual online?

Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom