Z0RRO

Apr 4, 2003
Hi all,

I'm shopping for a cross, and have my mind set (after many changes) on a CR250 (00+...for the "softer" frame).

I just found a nice deal on an ex-Jean Sebastien Roy (this dude is #1 national canadian rider...rides hard and fast) bike (2000 CR250), the owner says JSR used it as his training bike in FL, has Tom Morgan Racing shocks, engine, looks...whatever the dude told me on the phone. I don't care how true all this is or not, because the price isn't hyped because of this (it could be a bone stock CR and it'd be a reasonable price)...

Now this is not in relation with the CR being an aluminum frame...but I want to make sure JSR did not ruin it. I know most everyone couldn't, but this dude is a pro rider, and I don't want to get a bike with a frame ready to break on me...

So is there a way to be 100% sure the frame and suspension are in top shape and have not suffered too much from the serious riding?

Thanks in advance

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I am not a big fan of ex-pro bikes. You mentioned above that he's a hard +fast rider. Would you want to buy a car from a hard + fast driver? Sure it's got some extra performance mods, but I'd much rather buy a bike from some middle aged guy that thought dirtbikes were for him but wound up not liking it.

Top Bottom