OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
Hey guys me and my dad are looking to do so mods to our 250's.we already got the pipe and silencer and twin air filter plus the rm is bored .10 over.And another question how big of a bore could i do to a 88 cr250.On a stock clyinder with a sleeve.The vforce reeds are going in to but we demand more power!!..The cr250 raced a crf450x sunday and it was tied.I just rebuilt the cr250 also.Please any little hp is needed!!.Thank you!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You will not get any more power with out displacement. The pipe is good, and the reed, for throttle response. The sleeve is working against you. Anything you do past what Eric recommends, it will drastically reduce your rebuild hours. Do you drop a new set of rings in every 15 hours? Vintage Bob

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
I think im going with the 310cc big bore.By the way i didnt put the vforce reeds in yet.Maybe they will be all i need.We will see!..Ill keep you guys updated!Oh and another thing i notice that my hpp is always carbon builded up how could i prevent this im currently running 2 gallons of 91 oct with hp2..Thanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You can reduce the power valve gunk by jetting properly with race gas. Pump fuel burns like poo.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Just a fresh top end, and jetted correctly. Thats really all most people need, more than a lot can truly handle. If its used for what it was vaguely made for. Take either one of them and burn up and down the fire roads all day? Not good. Vintage Bob

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
No..My 88 cr250 is in mint condition i keep it very clean maintain it often.Its just that alittle more hp never hurts.I can handle this thing very well.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Silencer and reeds fresh? Still want more? Send it to Forward Motion, ask Eric to put the power where you want it, and how big a bore/stroke he recommends. Are you going as far as running race gas? Vintage Bob

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Silencer and reeds fresh? Still want more? Send it to Forward Motion, ask Eric to put the power where you want it, and how big a bore/stroke he recommends. Are you going as far as running race gas? Vintage Bob
Well i was pricing it but its up there at the moment i just repacked the silencer had it out sunday ran saw a huge improvement but then i lost back brakes.The reeds im getting the vforces tommorow from rocky mountain.Because im fouling plugs now but the mixture screw was off about 1 full turn.I would like help with getting my back brakes to work again i just replaced the master cylinder but still nothing blead and blead repeatedly but still nothing.Thanks!

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
And for an update i just put in the vforce 3 reeds and didnt feel any of a difference what so ever.maybe because im riding in my backyard about 100ft long with a 250.haha.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Compress and hold the brake, open the bleeder then close. Repeat, and keep the master full. Stick a hose on the bleeder, and run it into a clean jar of fluid. Less chance of getting air back in. Or, get a power bleeder. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom