mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
Hi folks, got a question. Does anyone use another plug besides the BR8EG (I think that's right) for their CR250 (mine is a '91)? That's what it calls for but the things are more expensive than the average plug. My bikes's been fouling plugs lately (usually one each time out) and after reading all of the threads on plug fouling I guess it's not that unusual.

Mine have been fouling ever since I've been trying to do this air filter cleaning and oiling on a regular basis. It never fouled a plug before that so I'm going to clean out the carb and air passage ways (rubber vents) and see if it helps. Like other folks have experienced, mine will run fine all day then... abracadabra, it will foul a plug.

Until I figure it out I was wondering if a cheaper plug will do the job. I would also welcome any recommendations for solving the problem and cleaning and oiling the air cleaner correctly.

Thanks guys.

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i use a BR8es in my cr250 i have run some of my snowmobile plugs in it(BR9es)but only when the auto stores werent open, not much of a difference yet it did foul them esier. I would not recommend going to a hotter BR7es tho

Last edited:

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Champion N3C, works excellent and is less than $2 each at your nearest auto parts store.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Ooops..I meant bR not just b. Dont forget the "R". br8es and br7es. If you are riding trails or something where theres not alot of wide open riding then the 7 should be ok.

Top Bottom