cr250charlie

Jan 26, 2005
Hey new to the dirtbike world. Got a 93 cr250 with a newly rebuilt hotrod crank and some other toys. But the swingarm bearings were all torn up so i ordered the universal set from pivot works. Got it apart ready to go in... the needle bearing which supports the sleeve will not fit in. Looks like there are some rings blocking it. Anybody got some help for the new guy?
Thanks
Charlie

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Charlie :cool:

I am going to move this over to the CR forum. You will get much more info in there than I could hope to add.

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Hit that famous auction site and do a search on "Honda Service Manuals" and you should be able to find a factory manual for your CR.

I don't know anything about your particular CR, but the aforementioned manual will answer any question you have in mind.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Welcome to the Dirt,

I don't have your answer but my buddy has a 96 CR250 that needed the full bearings. He took his to a stealer and got robbed. Ya, just go get the manual.

On another note. While you have your shock out, put your chain on and lift the back wheel up and down finding the tightest spot the chain gets through the swingarm movement. You will be shocked how loose the chain needs to be when the swingarm is straight across from the counter sprocket.

When my riding Bud first picked up his "used" 96 CR250 dirt bike, the swingarm was actually broken at one of the welds on the chain side. A search on the net showed many CR owners have had to get their swingarms re-welded because the chain was adjusted to tight.

gottamoto

Jan 29, 2005
The "Rings" maybe whats left of the old bearing race[ie: a steel sleeve that seperates the needle bearinge from the swingarm]. If the bearing race in badly worn it may appear to be 2 rings inside the swingarm.Heat the swingarm w/ a propane tourch and remove the old part.The new bearing will have to be pressed in.DON'T USE A HAMMER. I use a vise and a properly sized socket "push" the new bearings into place. PS: placing the new bearings in freezer for a 1/2 hour and reheating the swingarm will help w/ installation.

cr250charlie

Jan 26, 2005
Yea thanks alot fellas looks like there are still some really worn bits in there.
Kinda sucks seeing as i already put the subframe back on. But now i guess i will just take off the whole pivot bolt swingarm and bearings to really get it right.

Top Bottom