BigDylan

Sep 12, 2005
Hey Guys I have been riding quads for quite some time and at one point owned an 03 YZ125 but it broke and then got stolen.
Since then my quad has had bad problems on a regular basis and i am now parting it out

My riding buddy has a CR250 That he bought just cause it was a good deal and he has too much money to play with. He got it for 2200 dollars and it was supposed to be 3200 dollars but cycletrader had a misprint and the guy for some reason sold it to steve for 2200. He is scared of the bike (no joke he wouldnt even ride it down the street when he let me ride it)He has a 03 cr125 and is selling both bikes to get a xr450 just cause he wants an electric start and they are really nice bikes. He was gonna put the 02 CR250 in cycle trader this week for 3000 but he said he would let me get it for 2200 before friday. I dont want to quit riding and I really want the bike. I have the money so that is definitely no problem. I have looked on cycletrader.com and i have seen ones not near as nice advertised for over 3000

Tell me what you think please give your honest opinion
these are the specs

02 CR250R
Brand new Plastics
Top-End Rebuilt about 4 hours ago
New Bearings
New Tires
All new Bushings
FMF Expansion chamber (I believe it is a Fatty brand new)
The frame and swinger have all been sanded down and polished to a mirror finish (It really looks great)
and i rode it for a few minutes and it runs great very powerful

please let me know soon i really really wnat to get it :laugh:
thanks a lot guys
Dylan

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I sold my 2002 CR250 2 YEARS AGO for $3,250 and that was when 2 strokes still had value. At $2,200 go for it, don't pay a dime more. They are a dying breed on the used market, you have to give them away to sell them.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
They are still selling like hotcakes here. My 01 (in like new condition) was just over $3k this spring. They are excelent bikes and far from a dieing breed imo. I'd say go for it and don't look back:)

Mike R.

May 1, 2004
Go for it

Thats a good price for an 02.
Granted I prefer the 01 model but, the 02 is still a fantastic bike.
You cant go wrong for $2200 especially since you are getting it from a friend.
As far as 2 strokes being a dieing breed thats hogwash. Many people are fed up with the high cost and high maintenace of the current 4 strokes and are switching back simply due to easier maintenance and lower costs for parts.
2 Strokes arent going anywhere.

Aug 26, 2005
bikepilot said:
They are still selling like hotcakes here. My 01 (in like new condition) was just over $3k this spring. They are excelent bikes and far from a dieing breed imo. I'd say go for it and don't look back:)

Same here! There are plenty 2-stroke fans in my area, although of course the dealer-whores only want to push the latest, greatest high-maintenance and not-necessarily so reliable 4-pukes.

Regardless of how excellent the 2-strokes being made are now, it is a sad fact that resale won't be comparable to the nice 4-stroke MXers because of the market climate. However, I did not buy my bike to resell!!! I bought it because I love 2-strokes. And if the used market continues to decline for used 2-strokes (it will unless some new clean 2-stroke technology comes out), then it becomes a buyer's market, which is what I am, so yea!!!! I will be able to afford 2 to 3 bikes at least, great value. :cool:

I did see a recent model CR250F for sale in beat up condition for $3300. LOL you've got to be kidding me, you can easily pick up a 250 2-stroke in top condition for that price and roost that bike.

BigDylan

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah I am DEFINITELY getting it Tomorrow night

in addition to the mods i listed i found out more

It has V-Force 3 Reeds
and Suspension has been Revalved and Reworked

thanks for the input guys

Aug 26, 2005
BigDylan said:
Yeah I am DEFINITELY getting it Tomorrow night

in addition to the mods i listed i found out more

It has V-Force 3 Reeds
and Suspension has been Revalved and Reworked

thanks for the input guys

Sounds like a winner. I am about to order V-Force Delta 3s myself, it is said to really help out throttle response/low end on the CR. The mid range/top end of my bike is already very powerful, and should be even better as well.

BigDylan

Sep 12, 2005
why would someone only have the FMF pipe but run the stock silencer
is that advatageous in any way?
would it make a difference to get the FMF shorty silencer or what?

Top Bottom