jusabadboy2

Mar 10, 2008
I have an 02 CR250R, it was maintained real well before i bought it, after only a month it takes for ever to start from cold, and the plug gets oiled up real fast, if i remove the plug and ground it and kick it, it only seems to fire intermittantly, ive changed plugs, still same, it also doesnt feel like its picking up too good either. The previous owner was a full blown MX rider, could he have upped the jets, or richened something to cause this? i clean the filter after each ride...thanks

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Warped or cracked reeds can cause a two stroke to be very hard to cold start. Also, if the motor is worn and needs a new piston/rings, the lack of compression can make it hard to start cold.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
If the plug isnt firing all the time then it doesnt matter what jets he has on the bike. You will want to look at the stator, coil and cdi. Something in the electrical system is giving you problems.

jusabadboy2

Mar 10, 2008
thanks

Pulled the carb, it was suposed to have V-force reeds, it had stock factory ones and the edges of 2 of the reeds were frayed, probably leaking. I ordered V-force, and a new CDI unit..fingers crossed it works

Top Bottom