nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
Any of you that have a Big bore kit please provide some comments.

I have been looking at the 100cc+ kits. How does the bike run is it reliable of finiky? Does it have a noticable larger bottom end? How rebuildable are they? Are you happy with it?

I have a 98 CR80 that my girlfriend rides. Its the perfect size and weight for her but am looking to get a little more bottom end. She can ride it just fine so no suggestions to buy a 4 stroke please.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
-Just as reliable.
-Noticable but not huge improvement (no power valve on the CR)
-Yes!

The engine was built by Eric Gorr. The most niticable difference in bottom end feel (note I did not say power) was a Sthealy flywheel weight on both the stock and modified engines.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Straight from the riders mouth:
"The 102 has more mid and top for sure. The bottom is better but still pretty weak compared to the 95."

fyi the 95 is a 2001 XR80 that said rider managed to bend valves on TWICE. It's a 95cc engine with head work by Rich on a Serdi'ed valve job with Hot Cam & Thunder Alley exhaust. It's all about bottom and mid and it really does pull quite a bit harder off the bottom than the CR.

minifig

May 2, 2006
Even as week as the CR bottom end is there is no way a XR80 no matter how modded it is will out pull a CR in any RPM range.
I have both a stock CR80, 105cc CR and about the most modded XR on the planet and no way will it out pull the stock CR anywhere

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
minifig said:
Even as week as the CR bottom end is there is no way a XR80 no matter how modded it is will out pull a CR in any RPM range.
I have both a stock CR80, 105cc CR and about the most modded XR on the planet and no way will it out pull the stock CR anywhere
Well considering we currently have BOTH, and that we had BOTH bikes out in the woods this past weekend I'll call your bluff. Sure in a race situation the CR will blow the XR away, no doubt but in a seat of the pants feel riding them both where you are in tight single track and climbing hills with no run at the bottom the modded XR is significantly stronger off the bottom (aka torque not HP). Of course this is just basing it off of real experience :nener:

Last edited:

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
my friend got his 96 kx 80 bored out to a 107 and it was awesome. It was just as reliable as before and made a crap load more mid. It was definately worth it.

Top Bottom