Aftermath

Nov 22, 2004
What are the best and easiest ways to make a CRF 450R more trail friendly, as I love the low torque of this bike, but battle through rocky sections as it doesn't like to go slow i.e easy to stall. I've also noticed at high speed, the front gets a bit shaky and it feels like I'm going to loose it on the slightest bump. Would turning down the rebound and compression on the front forks help?, maybe four clicks on each? On rocky sections the front seems to bounce up quite a bit, can get a bit tricky when going up rocky inclines. Would turning down the above help with this as well?

Thanks in advance

longhorntj

Jan 26, 2005
To help your stalling problem try a flywheel weight, the extra spinning mass is harder to stop. I put one on my CR250 and it helped stalling and made it easier to start. For the head shake you could drop the forks as low as they will go and/or lessen the preload in the shock. Either one will put less fork angle and slow down your steering.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
longhorntj
what weight did you put on your cr? i have an 00 cr250 and find myself on trails more than track nowadays and every once in awhile i get into some gnarly uphills and need some controlable power.

Top Bottom