bmx815

Jun 6, 2006
Im think about get a crf230. Im 15 5,9 and 170lbs i never had a bike but i ridden one before. im mostly going to do trails and some dunes and no racing. i was think about a 250 2 stroke. is a 250 2 stroke to fast for a begginer? so do you think i should get a crf230?

sakirider

May 29, 2006
Get a 125 2 stroke...at first you may think its alot then in a month or 2 youll be back asking for more power.
A 250 is alot for a first timer...thats how I get alot of my bikes for so cheap...i just got a brand new 2003 KX 250 with 2 tanks of fuel through it....the thing bit this guy good and scared the %$#^ outta him...its been sitting for 2 years.
You can get anything you want cause you always have to remember to ride with in yur means....ya the bike can haul ass but that dosent mean you got to if you dont have the skills to do so.
My opinion the crf 230 is a wasta money. If you are at all agressive in anything you do the crf will bore you in a second...plus the 125s have better suspension.

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
the 230 will have no business in the dunes, and even a 125 is iffy. a 250f would probably be better for the dunes, but i'm not too sure about your price range.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
A 250 2t is not too big for a beginner, but you do have to be smart enough to ride it. If you find a good deal on one, go for it. Otherwise, the 250F will have an easier torque curve. The 125 is a bit peaky. And any trail bike will be a nightmare in the dunes.

c_field

Aug 4, 2006
hey now i REALLY beg to differ on the 230s i give em heck and i have NEVER had ANY problems however the difference is im getting mine into racing... the only real issue i have with mine is suspension all that weight is a bit too much for the stock suspension but the BIG thing is if you can figure out how to land it right even the suspension is plenty good (stand up back wheel first bend knees) and you should manage lets just say 20-25 ft up landing on flat ground(fell short on tabletop) and managed to make it out fine another thing is(while im here im going to tell you EVERY detail about the 230's) their EXCELLENT wheelie bikes and with a 6 spd tranny their fast and fun for road cruising and if u really do wanna get into dune riding and u end up with a 230 IMMEDIATELY get new sprockets for it (bigger back smaller front for more torque)(smaller back bigger front for top end) but all in all other than the weight issue i would really recommend the crf 230

Top Bottom