Crf230

Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
My brother is considering buying a dirtbike he is 5'7'' 120lbs he had a TTR-90 along time ago and has since been riding a quad he was looking at the CRF230 and i don't know anything about this bike so was looking for some knowledge about them or any other suggestions would be appreiciated thanks

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
The CRF230 is a great trail/play bike. It is comfortable, high quality and fun to ride. It is not intended for racing or mx use and would not be well suited for it, but for every day trail riding and just generally playing around its great fun. A frind of mine has one and loves it. The e-start is nice too:)

The suspension is plush initially, but not great on big hits, the engine makes an amazing amount of low-mid power but doesn't rev very high (limiter kicks in quickly). [note: the bike I rode had BBR exhaust and an HRC power-up kit, don't know how different this feels from stock].

The handleing was great. Very neutral turning and quite sure footed. Brakes are ok, but not great and its rather heavy so don't go too deep into a turn.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
The CRF230 is a great play bike, but if your brother wants power/speed this is not the bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…