shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
I need help. Need to jet a 03 CRF450 for my elevation and don't know where to start. Are they as hard to set up as the cr250? I'm at 4800 ft and temp. is going to be from 50-75 to start. I know this is kinda vague but any help is great! :worship:

red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Do you have your owners manual? There is a very good jetting chart in the manual that should get you in the correct range. If you don't have one I'll look it up for you.

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
RIGHT KNOW I'M JUST TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING WORKED OUT. I DON'T PICK IT UP UNTIL FRIDAY BUT I WANT TO GET STARTED THIS WEEKEND. IF I DON'T GET ANYWHERE I'LL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT.
THANKS.

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by shifting
I'm at 4800 ft and temp. is going to be from 50-75 to start.

I don't know what the climate is like in French Fry Palace, but I ride my '03 at about 4,000 ft. or so here in the desert southwest (60-80° F, ~ 30% humidity) and so far all Ive done is gone one smaller on the main and dropped the needle one clip. I'm a little surprised I was able to keep the stock pilot jet, but so far I've seen no reason to change it.

Hope this helps.

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
French Fry Palace A.K.A. Idaho. Thanks for the info. Can't go riding until Thursday, going to start messing with it then. Thanks again guys. :aj:

Top Bottom