Crf450 suspension setup for trails

spikers400

Jun 3, 2004
Hi, i have access to a crf450. It is my dads, he doesnt ride it much so he lets me ride it. I have had and riden a lot of other dirbikes. This bike when turning in trails feels like its gunna tip and slip from right under me when i go to lean a turn without my foot totally down. I am pretty sure its due to suspension. I just doesnt like turning. It really feels topheavy and the center of gravity feels real high. I have quite a few hours on the bike, and im a pretty good rider i just feel that it could be better. I wiegh 167 and about 6 foot, how should i set up the suspension. What else could i do. Thanks

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Start by setting up the sag, as per the manual. This is the basis or everything else. For a tuning guide, check out MX Tech's website (the link is on the left of the page).

Unless you are a very fast rider, your likely always going to find the stock CRF suspension too stiff for the woods without a revalve, but you can definitely make it better by setting the sag and playing with the clickers.

spikers400

Jun 3, 2004
Well, i have played with the suspension clicks, but never the sag. I will have to try that. Also what is grippy trail tire that lasts a good amount of time? Thanks

Top Bottom