ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
I'm looking for a mini-bike to just cruz up and down the street on. Maybe to take off some sweet jumps too. I was looking at the CRF50 and getting big bars, big bore kit and all that stuff but.... I've started looking at the KX65 becuase although I've never seen one in person, it looks a little bigger and prolly a lot faster with the 2-stroke. Keep in mind I'm 5'10" and 175lbs so would the 65 be more practical for an adult to play around on?

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
CamDayKX125(4) said:
why are you looking at a 50 and 65???!!! you should look at 125s or 250s. either of these bikes will have more than enough power to cruz.

What's the whole point of having a Mini-bike to begin with???

I'm not looking for a practical bike to trail ride or race. It's something to take out and put around the yard and up and down the street.

Jan 10, 2006
If you just want a mini bike to play around not worried with any performance or how you look... my nephew has a klx110 that would fit the bill. I am 5'10 and 215 and the little bike will do the around the yard and up the street thing. It is a very popular beginner bike so there should be a few floating around used.

Of the two you mentioned, get the 2t for the power but putting does not always work well on a 2t.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If you are looking to cruise up and down the street, get a street bike. An unregistered & uninsured dirtbike, mini or otherwise, doesn't belong on public roads.

No wonder the non-riding public hates us.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
BENYZ said:
why not a bigger bike?

I think I answered that in the first 2 post's.

I'm looking for a TOY... Not saying that I dont want another 125 because I do but for right now i just want a mini....

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
thing2_and_thing1 said:
If you just want a mini bike to play around not worried with any performance or how you look... my nephew has a klx110 that would fit the bill. I am 5'10 and 215 and the little bike will do the around the yard and up the street thing. It is a very popular beginner bike so there should be a few floating around used.

Of the two you mentioned, get the 2t for the power but putting does not always work well on a 2t.

I'm aware that you cant really putt on a 2 stroke w/out fowling plugs. I've owned an LT250 quadracer, CR80 and CR125 to list a few. And althought it's a 2, it's not going to be flying down the street/sidewalk at 50mph in 3rd gear like a 125.

bordrshane

Dec 13, 2005
I know what your talking about. Nobody wants to ride a stock crf50 around. They cost alot to mod also. Kx 65 sucks, no torque and very loud. Get one of those chinese imitation crf 50s that are already modded out. Like the SSR 125. You can get one for around a G.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
CaptainObvious said:
If you are looking to cruise up and down the street, get a street bike. An unregistered & uninsured dirtbike, mini or otherwise, doesn't belong on public roads.

No wonder the non-riding public hates us.

Actually.... I live in Austin TX just out side of city limits and have grown up on bikes riding around neighborhoods and trails. Not to mention my neighbor is a state trooper and his kids have a little moto4 80 and they ride on the street. Maybe it's diff in every state but from what I've always heard you can ride it on the street in tx w/out anything if it's 50cc or less. Not like that makes adiff here beacuse i'm talking about a 65, just stating the factors.

AND.... I've also had a CBR600 when I was in H/S.. Fun for a while but I got rid of it when I decided that I would have prolly killed myself on it.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
bordrshane said:
I know what your talking about. Nobody wants to ride a stock crf50 around. They cost alot to mod also. Kx 65 sucks, no torque and very loud. Get one of those chinese imitation crf 50s that are already modded out. Like the SSR 125. You can get one for around a G.

I've thought about that but never heard much about them.

crazyrydermx

Feb 4, 2006
KTM 65SX is a great bike, if you wanted to look into that. I wouldn't get a CRF50, they are slow and are only fun for being really stupid. They are expensive to mod, so that's just a stupid bike IMO. They are great for other things, but not this. I would get a 65 out of the things you said. I have ridden 65s before and have ridden 50s, and 50s become boring in a few hours...
Those little 65s can be fast, too. You can also put bigger carbs on them and port them for more power...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The KX65 can be a little hard for an adult to ride, from your posts, it appears that you are either and adult or soon will be. A KLX110 sounds like it would be a better fit for your intentions. Down the road you may have to upgrade the suspension, but you would have to do that on the CFR or the KX anyway. You could probably push the bars forward a couple inches then have a blast on it.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
FruDaddy said:
The KX65 can be a little hard for an adult to ride, from your posts, it appears that you are either and adult or soon will be. A KLX110 sounds like it would be a better fit for your intentions. Down the road you may have to upgrade the suspension, but you would have to do that on the CFR or the KX anyway. You could probably push the bars forward a couple inches then have a blast on it.

Well considering that I'm 25 yrs old i guess you could say that I'm an adult... But it's more like a big kid in an adults body. ;)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Actually, I'm older, heavier, and shorter than you, and spend a bunch of time beating on our old PW80 in the back yard. My son has a couple KX65's, but I prefer the old PW most of the time. I'm a bigger kid:nener:.

Joshtee

Apr 10, 2004
Like shane said. Get a Chinese pitbike. They are cheap and perfect for what you need it for. Just do your homework on some of the better brands.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Well, I discussed it with the fiance last night and she said that she'd rather me get another "big bike" and her a 4-wheeler instead of blowing money on a little sidewalk putter. Cool w/ me... I was planning on waiting a little while but I think I'm gonna go check the local dealers this weekend and see what I might be able to get an 05 yz125 for.

I guess I'll just have to wait a few years until I have a little tyke of my own and then I'll have an excuse to bring home some more "toys"
I'm going to be the guy that brings home a dirt bike for my son on the day that he's born! lol..

Top Bottom