kawikdx250

Nov 25, 2004
Moose are about $20-30 less. Are the Cycra worth it? I like the look of the Cycra better, just wanting to know if there is more than just looks there.

Rick

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have both and like the Cycra's much better. The bend near the end of the bar makes them much more comfortable. At the end of a ride with the moose guards, the outsides of my wrists are black and blue from banging into the hand guard - the dip in the Cycra's prevents this.

plus the plastic spoilers they use look very bling bling:)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
bikepilot said:
At the end of a ride with the moose guards, the outsides of my wrists are black and blue from banging into the hand guard - the dip in the Cycra's prevents this.

I have to ask. How are you banging the outside of your wrists into the bark busters while riding??????????

Mully

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You're wrists are black and blue after use? Good God! what angle do you have those things mounted at?

Verticle?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Bikepilot....

I too am wondering how in the heck your wrists are contacting the Moose/EE style barkbusters.

IMO, I feel the "dip" design of the Cycra's provides less coverage when banging trees and snagging branches.... and I don't care how "bling" it looks....

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I have FRP on my 220 and they work nice, look nice and are simple in design, which is what you need for the woods or whatever :blah: $60 For Bark Buster & Hand Guard

Last edited:

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
Go ahead and buy some Acerbis Rally Pro handguard/barkbusters............... I "bulldoze" with mine in the woods, yet to have a nick, @ $80 tho, but worth it.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
They are properly mounted, I just tend to move around on the bike quite a lot, when hanging off to one side of the bike, the side of my wrist pushes against the hand guard. If the terrian is rather bumpy then brusing ensues. Next time you are on your bike, try moving side to side a lot and notice where that puts the outside or your wrists, right where a moose bark buster would be. That is why the cycra's have that big dip at the end.

For people like my dad standard barkbusters are fine, as he pretty much stays inline with the bike and doesn't move side to side much. For others like me and several other people I ride/race with the cycras are much more comfortable.

buy what you like, I'm just relating my experence. You will know soon enough if the moose guards are in your way.

good luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom