scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thanks for the link. I guess I'm Tim Mareno this year.

I noticed there not any VCMC qualitfier points listed? Any reason you know of?

Hey, I'm happy with 8th overall out of 20 VET OPEN C riders with only riding - scoring 1 D37event on ths list, that is until they post the Gorman points. :cool:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
kelsorat said:
Point Nazis

:laugh: :moon:

Personally this is the first time I ever cared- tried. I don't really care about the D37 points (as I've only made 2 total races) as much as the TWMC points. I just thought it would be fun to see how well I could do. :worship: For me it makes the races even more fun :cool:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I think the points list is done by a fellow rider, and not someone officially affiliated with D-37. I'm pretty sure he just kinda does it for everyone's enjoyment. There was a post on the D-37 message board where he let he everyone know he had put it together, and he also let everyone know that he hadn't had the opportunity / time to factor in the VCMC race scores yet. Pretty cool that he takes the time to do it ...

Since the beginning I've always considered the District stuff to be like my work in progress .. focusing on being able to ride longer, riding the more technical stuff, with the ultimate goal being to get the finisher pin as often as possible ... the points are just cream. Seeing progress is pretty fun .... guaranteed the District stuff makes you a better rider if you do it regularly. And I'm not even gonna mention the ballbuster District rides I've shared with fellow DRN'rs ... those memories alone last quite awhile ... can anyone say Prospectors' ?!!!!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Amen to that.

I feel I get better with every D37 race I enter. Unfortunaltly my bike usually gets more damage :bang:

And I believe I always get a winners pin at the finish. You mean to tell me they hand them out to everyone who finishes. :clue:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Boodac said:
When are we going to get a few of you out at the District GP races? I havent seen a sole DRNer out at the GP's all year.

Enduro's won me over. 1 hour GP's vs 3-4 hour enduros, for less entry cost and IMO better riding terrain. Honestly my favorite GP's were non D37 events Carlsbad was my Favorite and Elsinore is fun just for the cool factor. Carlsbad is gone, and I keep hearing every year that this is Elsinores last year.I 've decided to race the entire club Enduro series to see how well I could do. Instead of bounce back and forth between GP's and enduros. 1 club race per month and a few D37 races thrown in and the occassional trail ride is about all my free time will allow.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im thinking Ill try a enduro next year and see what its all about. If I like it, I can compete the whole year without missing a beat. Im still holding you guys to at least attending the Adelanto GP. Thats a mear $40 with no membership requirements, so no excuses. Besides, it would be a fun weekend get away.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:
1 club race per month and a few D37 races thrown in and the occassional trail ride is about all my free time will allow.

Any more than that and I will have more free time.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Boodac said:
Im still holding you guys to at least attending the Adelanto GP. Thats a mear $40 with no membership requirements, so no excuses. Besides, it would be a fun weekend get away.

I'd love to go. Normally it's on the same weekend as our enduo race. Do you know the date of it this year?

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
You can usually count on it being around the third or fourth weekend in February. It's usually announced in October or November. The crowds watching the race get huge, somewhere around 20,000 spectators a day. So it can get a little unruley at times but other than that, its a blast. :aj:
Mark your calendars crew because Ill be a knockin about January.

Top Bottom