bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)6' 3 and 200
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?5-6/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????My son will do some laps at the track but the riding is all over. Desert,woods,hardpack,some mx
4) Do you have any riding experience?yeah i quad alot
5) Do you think you will race ?easy enduros for fun
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?most of it (check valves,change oil) only big stuff for dealers
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?4-stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?no
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?Like 4500
10) Do you live in California?yea
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Crf450x,wrf450,or the ktm equivalent. it gotta be easily street legal

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
California has very specific and strict rules on what can be made street legal, although some people manage to get license plates on bikes that don't qualify. You should probably check out this web page: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/ohvdualreg.htm

That said, why do you want it to be street legal? The tires that are legal for the street suck off road. The mirrors and turn signals generally don't survive very long. You will also be legally required to have insurance.

If you really want street legal and are not accomplished at manipulating the DMV then I would recommend buying a bike that has already obtained the street license. In your price range you will need to buy used. The Yamaha WR450F is a good choice in the 2006 or later models (green sticker eligible). KTM has a couple of suitable models that are street legal from the factory.

Rod

Top Bottom