Damaged Front Rim

Gspeed

Oct 8, 2005
Went riding yesterday, coming out of a corner i hit a rock with my front tire, i notice once i got up to 2nd and 3rd gear the bike started shaking.
Today i checked the front rim, i have a nice wrapped wheel,
could it still be saved? its not cracked
thanks

95 kx500

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Aluminum is a lightweight and excellent material to use for a rim. However, because of it's "brittleness" it is unwise to try to bend it back. This can sometimes be done with a little heat for say, a lever, but too risky for a wheel. I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet and lace-up a new front rim.

Gspeed

Oct 8, 2005
I'm gonna look around, and see if any shopes can fix it, it dosen't look that bad.
If not, im gonna have to bit the bullet.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If it's not to bad you can straighten them but it takes some skill. There have been several threads on the topic if you do a search.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
It depends on how bad it is. 1/8th of a inch? 1/4 inch? If Its super warped your going to have to bite the bullet. Is it just warped or is it bent in, too?

Gspeed

Oct 8, 2005
There is a small bent, u can only feel it, can't really see it. I called around and i found a guy that works on mx rims. Im gonna bring the bike to his place, 30-40$$ he's gonna charge me

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…