maxcer2003

Jun 12, 2003
im trying to rebuild my eng in my old 250 ex-c and the darn swing arm bolt wont come out, on my left side the nut comes off easy but the other side has a flap of metal around the nut so i cant get at it. And ive tried banging the bolt from the unscrewed side but no luck, ant help would be great.

Donnie Goodacre

bike pics and parts catalog (KTM WORLD.com) can bee seen at http://publish.shaw.ca/Donnie_LE_G/

wildbill2

Mar 13, 2004
maxcer2003 said:
im trying to rebuild my eng in my old 250 ex-c and the darn swing arm bolt wont come out, on my left side the nut comes off easy but the other side has a flap of metal around the nut so i cant get at it. And ive tried banging the bolt from the unscrewed side but no luck, ant help would be great.

Donnie Goodacre

bike pics and parts catalog (KTM WORLD.com) can bee seen at http://publish.shaw.ca/Donnie_LE_G/
I ran into something like this on my bike.Have to lube and try to get the bolt to turn first.Don`t mushroom the bolt end.Can you get any kind of wrench on it?PB blaster works good on stuff like this.Tell me what all you have tried so far and I might be able to give you some tips.Hope this helps

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
flaps of metal? I would assume they're there to keep it from vibrating loose. If that is indeed the type of flaps, you'll need to pry them off. If there's a gap, stick a screwdriver in and pry them out (you may need to tap the screwdriver in with a hammer). If there's no gap, see if you can set a chisel flat agains the side of the bolt, then tap it down with a hammer until the flap either bends outwards, or bends downwards. If it bends downwards, you should then have a "u" shape in the middle that you can get a screwdriver into

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
The best method I've seen is. Strip your frame of every thing that you can. Then take it to a machine shop with a large arbor press and have them give that very expensive bolt a push!

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
Try loosening the motor mounts. Then loosely reinstall the swingarm's pivot nut. Using a socket slightly smaller than the nut, tap the pivot loose with a rubber mallet.

Top Bottom