BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The weather was perfect.  Dwreck, Lorin, Enduronut, Craig_enid, and I met up to put some miles on the bikes.  I arrived a bit late and the others had made a 10 mile warm up loop.  While they took a break, I unloaded Brutus and put my gear on.  Another local rider(Mark) joined us riding a DRZ.  After a few "Hello's" and introductions, we decided to ride the east 80 acres.  This is one of my favorite trails.  I took the number 2 position following the DRZ and learned just how much an aftermarket exhaust on a four stroke will annoy you.  The DRZ stalled in a corner and I moved up to the front.  Enduronut had the opportunity to pull into the second position put showed his courtesy and followed the DRZ:scream:.  After this loop, he decided NOT to be so courteous next time.  ;)
We did the center section next which is a bit tighter.  Without handguards, I took many of the "squeegee trees" slowly insuring my fingers remained the same shape throughout the day.  When we made it back to the Blue loop, we wicked it up a notch or two and went to the pit area where Lorin cooked up some "dogs" and we had our lunch.  Thanks Lorin.
DWreck and I made a short run to the SX track.  A few weeks ago, Guy Cooper had worked the track over and cleaned up the jump faces and altered a few sections.  It is STILL a SX track.  Coming up short on a jump that I used to clear easily and injuring the "twins" :eek: I decided MX was not in todays cards and went back to the pits.
The next loop was the most fun.  Everyone was loose and warmed up so the pace got a quicker without getting to fast.  We made a few stops and swapped bikes, rode some more, swapped bikes, etc. etc.   I think in the end, I rode 30-33 miles while the others did 45-50 on the day.  Had a great time and finally got to meet, Tangell and his bro right before I left for the day.  I had some errands to run and bid farewell to a great group of DRNr's.  Except for the dust, a nicer day in late November could not be had.  Thanks everyone for a great ride.

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Because of this Thanksgiving brunch thing I had to endure, I didn't make it to the 500 until 1:30 or so. As it turned out, my son couldn't make it so my brother (Kirby) visiting for the holiday came out to give it a try. He hadn't ridden a dirt bike in 20 years and jumped right on the ole KDX200.

I really appreciated the hospitality extended to my brother which has been so typical of DRNers. We went on a "no pressure" ride with Lorin, Enduro_nut, Dwreck and Craig_enid. My bro did quite well given the circumstances but he was worn out by the time we hit the break between the 500 and the 80 so we checked out and took the road back to our truck.

Thanks again to Craig_enid for helping my bro on the ride, it made the difference - he had a really good time. Thanks also to Lorin for passing on a couple of chest protectors to me and my son - that will save us some $$$ as we still have a lot of equipment to buy. Boots are #1 on our list.

Toby

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
The ride was great and thanks to all! Anyone who can get to Stillwater and ride with the Heartland Spodes will have a GREAT ride. :yeehaw:
Oh by the way Craig_Enid check your camera lense and see if it's broken, my ugly mug :scream: could have broken it!

Till' next time...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Front row:  DWreck and Lorin
Back row:  BSWIFT and Enduronut
Behind camera:  Craig_enid

Attachments

• buds2.jpg
    buds2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 154

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yikes, that's a scary pic! I had a good time once again. I always enjoy playing musical bikes. I am starting to get a pretty good sized list of bikes that I have ridden and am beginning to believe that it would take some hard work to buy a bad bike these days. They all seem to have something that I like better than my bike and something that I like less. I think that riding the VOR 530 was the highlight of the day. Its not everyday that you see one of these and I was really surprised by it. I expected something that would take forever to get comfortable on and that just wasn't the case. The motor was tractable on the tight trails but you could tell it had whoo-hoo boost and it really turned well. I had always read about how 2 strokes rear wheel steer and 4 strokes front wheel steer and didn't understand this until riding this bike. You want to turn forget about the throttle or stabbing the rear brake just turn the bars and it goes that way. The lowlight of the ride was the thorn bush that grabbed me by my helmet. I swear if it had hung on any longer it would have yanked me off my bike. I'm not sure if anyone even saw this but my neck reminds me every time I turn my head. It was fun and I look forward to next time.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
All of the smiles in the picture make me jealous. :( I'll get to ride again someday. :ugg:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yea, I coulda sworn Lorin was a chick.... :silly: *yuck, yuck, yuck* (best Goofy, as in the character, laugh)

Sorry, even though it had already been said, I just couldn't resist.

Top Bottom