BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What a great day.  OKKX'r, DWreck, and I hit the 500 around 10:30.  Blue sky, light wind out of the south and we were ready to ride.  There was plenty of dust but there was also a few mud holes to surprise us.  We started with a calm warm up pace, stopped and moved a downed tree and really started getting warmed up.
We hit the 80 and just ripped thru.  Back onto the 500 after a short break, we proceeded to ride the center section.  This trail was tight.  We came across another downed tree, went around it and found ourselves on a trail non of us had riden.  However, it took us back to the south side of the Blue loop so we had to cover the same terrain to get back to the trucks for something cold to drink.
OKKX'r washed out, low sided, did a somersault and was back on his feet.  A while later, DWreck, started to low side but then high sided with a superman to a somersault.  I gave him a 9.5, he missed the perfect 10 because his feet weren't together.  The I joined the "get off" olympics with a low side, somersault.  I guess a got the bronze medal, OKKX'r the Silver, and DWreck takes home the Gold.
We took another Center section trail and were cooking.  Then it was back to the 80.  We started to get tired so after another short break we decided to knock down the speed a bit.  We hit the Center section again.  I was trailing and bobbled in a mudhole, kissed my hand guard off of a tree, hit the brakes, all in an effort to make a left hander.  I got stopped but not the way I wanted.  A stump, 24" tall, caught the right hand radiator and mangled it.  I was still standing up but felt like throwing up.  A short while later, the guys back tracked to check on me.  The radiator had not started leaking so I felt safe riding back to the trucks.  Not the best way to end the day but no one was hurt, we had fun, and I wasn't watching TV on a beautiful day.  Shroud and radiator will receive a proper burial after a few days of mourning.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds like a good day gone bad. :( Metal and plastic can always be replaced though. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
Sounds like a good day gone bad. :( Metal and plastic can always be replaced though. ;)

It's just money :scream: .&nbsp; Better the metal and plastic getting bent up than me.:)

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
I hate to hear about the bike. Glad the stump found the bike rather than you. It is comforting to hear that you good riders occasionaly test the soil for comfort. After seeing how BSwift, DWreck and Craig rode several weeks ago, I was sure this was not a practice you were familiar with. I bet you were riding at a considerably quicker pace than than when you were babysitting me.

Thanks for the post.

Terry

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
I would write more ride reports if I could do as well as this one. Hilarious!
Life is good. I like riding with all size groups, but thanks to DRN, I have found so many guys just the right speed and temperament. A small group is easier to keep moving and I am feeling it today. Yesterday was as good as it gets, minus the damage. the wind must have really blown, because there were 4 or 5 trees down in the trail-Hello!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Woo Hoo, I won the Gold! Yesterday was a good time. Once I got past the arm pump I felt as comfortable on the bike as I have in a long time. Today is a different story. I am sore! I could have done without the rosebush choke chain that I picked up on the trail and I know Brian could have done without the smashed radiator. But I was glad to see the bike and not the rider mangled. My truck has been used as a Whaambulance enough times already. Good ride fellas.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Some encouraging news on the radiator.&nbsp; Three different radiator shops expressed the thought that if the radiator was not leaking(its not) to carefully straighten it out and TIG the broken corner and it should be OK.&nbsp; I'm going to give it try, I don't have anything to loose.

Top Bottom