IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Due to a couple of complaints we have had about noise at our new track, I decided to invest in an insert for my bike.

It's plug that fits into the silencer and has two allen screws that hold it in place.

After I installed it, I fired the bike up and revved it a couple times, and didn't really seem to notice much difference in the noise level.

So.. yesterday me and a few friends went over to Ohio to an indoor track for some fun playing in the dirt.

I came off the track at one point, with all of my buddies standing around pointing and laughing at the slow fat guy. ;) They said that my bike sounded like a sewing machine!!

I also noticed that I could barely hear it in my helmet. Well, I couldn't hear the exhaust. I could hear the engine just fine. It was rather weird. My bike sounded like a Pitbike!!

It didn't feel like a pitbike though. To me, it felt like it had all the power it ever had.

Very quiet.

The insert was only $40 plus shipping. I think the total bill was just about $52.

It was well worth the price in my opinion.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
A few of our local clubs are requiring 96db. They recommend the DB Dawg. Very few complaints as far as I know. I like my Pro Moto Billet end caps but they were considerably more spendy. The sound at a distance is what's impressive. You can hear the intake on my bike over the exhaust under wide open throttle.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
We are probably going to require quiter bikes at our place. We have law on our sides, but we also don't want the hassle.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, even if you're within your legal rights you can still get hassled. Disgruntled neighbors can be terrible to deal with.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Kudos, Indy. Unlike my younger self, I now really, really like quiet bikes. As a bonus, I can also seem to notice problems with my engine before a piston shatters (or just think I hear something that drives me crazy for a few weeks until I determine I'm just paranoid and nothing is really wrong--keeps me busy, though).

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yessir, quiet exhaust is also nice if you tend to lead a fellow rider or riders on the woods. It makes it easier to tell if the pack is still with you requiring less look backs.

Top Bottom