DB Snorkel, less sound = more ground

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I'll be installing mine in a week, or so. I'll let you know. I have to file the rib on the top of my FMF "Q" down to mount it. I have it assembled already, but need to do some post- jetting riding befor installing it on my '06 YZ 125.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
Slightly off topic, but I find it kind of amazing that my 2000 CBR 600F street bike can be exponentially quieter than any / all MX 4 strokes. The CBR engine makes 95 horsepower stock (at around 14,000 RPM :) ). Why don't they take some of the technology from their street bike exhaust and put them onto their MX bikes. The manufacturers should be taking note of the interest in products like the DB snorkel here and adding them as OEM equipment.

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Your street bike is quieter because it HAS to be to pass Federal Regs.......MX bikes don't have to worry about that.......yet......

ryansck

May 1, 2007
Regulations

Yes but there are regulations, here in the forests of ut and wy there are eight forests that all have regulations on noise pollution no more that 96 db full throttle, every place in ut needs usfs approved equipment.. even in the dunes and boniville salt flats..

Top Bottom