Dee Dee Ramone Found Dead.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Cripes, it's bad enough that Joey's gone and we don't get to hear Blitzkrieg Bop live anymore. :(

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I hear ya Pread,
To loose Joey last year and now Dee Dee, tragic. :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry that someone died... but I gotta take a differnt path here. I'm not "sad"... he killed himself. He didn't die doing something couragous afterall. How long you think he's been doing heroin? Think it was an accidental OD? I doubt it. Even if it was, he was killing himself anyway. Just a matter of time.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's sad because another Ramone is dead. Those guys are (were) punk icons, and they're slowly disappearing from the face of the earth. I didn't even know he still had a drug problem. It's really a stupid, senseless waste.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
I agree JP.....
Kinda sucks to see people who changed the face of music droppin' like flies... :whiner: I'm still upset Jimi Hendrix and SRV died...
Drugs suck :|
(SRV didn't die from drugs, but still!)

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am always sad when anyone dies, but also i find it difficult to be sympathetic when someone kills themself in such a manner!....sorry!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe it's a case of finding out that money doesn't make them happy like they thought it would? Who knows, but it happens A LOT. A waste? Yes. Tragic? Not in my mind.

There's real tragedy all around us. Some rock star with a needle in his arm isn't going to get a lot of my sorrow, I've only got so much to go around.

I suppose I should have just avoided this post, don't mean to offend anyone.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
screw it, i'm with okie on this one, i could rant about watching your mother die from cancer, a buddy getting killed training to protect this country , etc etc. i guess if ya want to be sedated, well ,that's it. no tears here.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I with you 100%, Bob.

I read somewhere that the Ramones were listed as one of the most important groups of all rock history.....yeah, right. So what does that make Iggy Pop? :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
<pssst, sarge, that was Ziggy. Ziggy Stardust!> :confused:

Where are the Spiders?

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Just a side note: Stevie Ray Vaughn died only about two miles from my house. I'm not a fan, I just remember how incredibly foggy it was that night, and going to work the next day and hearing on the news that he was missing along with another well known rocker (name escapes me).

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Oh yeah, the other guy was found later in Chicago (took a limo).

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Originally posted by XRpredator
Where are the Spiders?
Mars, of course! :)

See, Sarge...now you went and done it...I can't get Ziggy out of my head now! Was it Gill and Willie, or Will and Gilley????? :think: lol

Last edited:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I was just listening to the Ramones today
As was I, the Anthology. Say what you want about his overdose, but it is definately a big loss for the music community. And if you don't think so, then it is a big loss for me. :(

Top Bottom