Deitrich!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Just gotta say, it's refreshing to see a guy with so much drive and determination towards racing. I got to meet Ricky last summer in the Frankfurt airport while on the way to the ISDE in Greece. I was impressed by how humble and down to earth he is, even with so much success (he finished 2nd overall on a 250F!).

He just announced he'll be pulling double duty this weekend, racing the High Point national on Saturday followed by a WORCS race on Sunday. Ambitious to say the least. It's amazing to see a guy working his ass off for the love of racing, while spoiled primadonnas can't be bothered to race the nationals and instead can only muster up motivation to show up and ride around in a few stadiums for 4 months of the year. The offroad world has always been tough, with tons of races, little money and a whole lot of passion. Maybe Deitrich stepping up to the big leagues will motivate guys to start earning their pay cheques.

Go Ricky!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I agree with all the praise of Ricky Deitrich!

His speed on the MX track has been a revelation. I knew he was fast, but his results have been GREAT.

I hope he does very well at both races this weekend, and that Kawasaki can contnue to find a way to get him to race the MX nationals.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007

If he rides like he did last weekend I think Kawasaki would be silly not to step up and pay the man what he needs to keep running the series. The way things are going it looks like he could do pretty well.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm sure the MX team wants him around as much as possible.

The only reason Kawasaki would keep him from riding all the MX series is if they put a higher priority on his winning offroad races and titles.

It speaks volumes about him that he is willing to race both in the same weekend, and travel cross country to boot.

FWIW, there was an article about six months ago that Chad was only offered about $500,000 to race outdoors. So when Chad talks about racing to 'support the sport', he means he is sucking it up and willing to race for only $500,000. But at least he is out there, unlike at least one other single digit rider who was probably offered alot more than $500,000.

Deitrich is a real breath of fresh air in this climate.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Yeah I hope he wins Saturday.He is most certainly capable and the field is wide freekin open.I'll be there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…