delts force 11 install problems and questions

minidog

May 18, 2002
just recieved new delta force reed cage today and tried installing it onto my bike (2002 kdx 200) and heres what I came up with-these things are not custom designed for fit at all-had to trim inside width of new cage by about 1 mm on each side (no problem) fits inside of cylinder intake now but the flange at the top of the df 11 that has their logo on it will not allow the unit to go flush with the cylinder intake tract-I am debating on wether to cut this tab off OR run the cage upside down in the intaske tract which will allow this thing to be flush-what is the correct way to do this thing-can I run this thing upside down or should I cut the tab off and run it right side up (does thios matter) thanks for the replies

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
It's been a while since I installed mine, but I remember having to file the edges to get it to fit. I don't know what tab you are referring to, however, I believe you can file it away as well if it is prohibiting a flush fit. On the other hand, I think the cage is symetrical, and either way will work. I have the logo on the top of mine, but I don't think it matters. If you're concerned about it ,give the techs a call at Delta.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Wow, my VForce2 went on without a hitch with the logo on the bottom and a gasket on the front and the other on the back. Everything sealed up. Good luck!

CC: if I were you, I'd use JBWeld... :-)

Best,
Greg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom