Dented pipe/ power loss, jetting

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
Just got quite a large dent in my fmf woods pipe and now my bike seems to be running rich(checked and changed plug, very black, before dent plug was tan color), has any one else had this kind of problem. I also heard that you can fill you pipe with water and freeze it to try to get the dent out, does this work? if so where do you get the plug for the ends to keep the water in the pipe.
Thanks

Core87

Jul 4, 2006
dented pipe

If the dent isn't too bad and you have access to a welder you can weld a piece of rod to the dent, then heat arround the dent as you pull it out, then grind the rod and weld off. This has worked for me with mild steel chambers and should work for stainless. Good luck.
p.s. not sure about freezing it with water, interesting idea.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Freezing water would be a bad idea, it will expand in all directions, probably splitting the pipe. Core87 has the right idea for DIY pipe repair. A slide hammer on the rod would make it much easier too.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I think I will give piperepair a try my kdx pipe is beat up pretty good.
I am glad I saw this looks like it will save me some money. I checked out the web site looks like they will fix most anything for 50 bucks plus shipping.

Top Bottom