kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have a 01 kawaski ksx200 and it had a huge dent.the dent is located on the ight side of th procircuit mark on the pipe. i want to know how to take it out. the pipe is a series 1 platnum pipe. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I sent mine out to have it repaired. Try www.piperepair.com they did a great job. You may also try a auto body shop, the one near where I worked fixed my pipe they second time I dented it.

00' Kdx200

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The way to remove a dent is through the use of a torch a compressed air. You will need to be able to clamp-off both ends of the pipe, allowing for air to enter and excape. It olny takes a few pounds of air to get the dent out.

Any local shop should be able to get the dent out.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I have used a arc welding rod.... Just stick it in the center of the dent, let it cool and grab it with a good pair of plyers and pull it out. It has worked for me...may not for you..........

Expansion plugs can be bought at your local hardware store in the plumbing section.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
so i weld something to the center of the dent and pull it up? but all i wanted to know is how to plug up the ends of the pipe so i can put air in it.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
using these expansion plugs how do i put air in there is just a wing nut and a bolt through it. and what size do i need

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Yes...you got it.....You can drill the larger of the two plugs and get a air nipple to thread through the plug. A little air leakage is not an issue, since it only takes a few pounds to pop the dents.
As far as size goes.... you have to go down there anyway....take your pipe with you! :)

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
for the air nipple can i just stick a tire valve in it for the inflation of tires or is that what u were talkin bout.i never heard of an air nipple

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
cool thanx for ur help ill do it 2 morrow and ill post how things went it is easy enough imn thingin of putting like 70 psi of air into it somewhere round there

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Don't blow yourself up! Take these recommendations with a grain of salt. You're the only person responsible if the pipe splits, blows a plug and knocks an eye out or whatever! Just be careful!

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
well its been a few days and i went to my local home depot an the smallest expansion plug was 1.5in and that didn't fit.i dont know where i can get these expansion plugs. well i tried the autobody hop the tried weldin a rod to it but it wouldnt stick they said my pc platnum 1 pipe was aluminum and i told them abot the expansion plug idea and they laughed at me how the hell do i do this please what sizes do i need if worst comes to worst ill order them over the internet please explain everything over again.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Aluminum huh? That's real funny! :laugh:
I see something wrong here..... Autobody Shop vs. Motorcycle. I would never take anything there!!!!!!!!! Did you tell them it was coated???????

I say just replace it! It sounds like you won't get any satisfaction.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i dont want to send it to piperepairs.com because ill have to wait 2 weeks and pay alot. is there any pipe repair shops on the eastcoast

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Well... you don't want to pay anything on it....and the dent doesn't hurt a thing unless it's within the first 6 inches .... just live with it! Who cares???? Replace it when you have some money.... better yet... ask for a new pipe come Christmas!!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom