RMcommando

Aug 19, 2003
Hi lads

I was flying down the moody brook track yesterday and I seen a person so I turned to the other side of the road then I heard a big bang. When I got to Moody Brook I realised I had dented my front rim on a sharp edge of concrete.

What do you guys recommend I do? Leave it? Try and straighten it, if so, how?

Any ideas would be much appreciated or past stories.

Cheers

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Is it just flared on one side or does it have a flat spot. My front rim has a good size flare on one side. Not out or round or untrue, but still a flare non the less. I've been riding with it for about 1.5 yrs. Not a problem. If you rim has a good size flat spot in it you might need to replace the hoop and the spokes. I would recomend stainless spokes and a excel rim. I did that 2 weeks before I flared mine, because I trashed the stocker in a pretty good get-off.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Honestly if you have the cash i would just say go out and get yourself a new excel or something like that that. To me no matter what you do to rebend it , it will already be that much weaker, not that i think anything dramatic would happen but you never know.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
rim damage

If you ride mellow trails you can nurse it along, however if you enjoy "air-time" replace the rim now. It can get real ugly just when you least expect it :eek:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom