cr carl

Dec 11, 2005
hi there anyone know about these pipes.what they are like vs fmf pro circuit etc what the diffrence is.i have seen them on many sites it it seems to me they only do one pipe and one silencer for 2 or 4 stroke whereas fmf and pc do many for diffrent needs any info would be great????

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have one on my 06 yz 250. Its a far better pipe than anything else made for this bike.

Different bike than yours, but this pipe is a far better choice on the yz 250 than a pro circuit pipe.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i have one on my honda but i can't comment on it's performance because it was on there when i got it. i've never ridden the bike with any other pipe. i've been told that it is a top-end pipe. i can say that the core in the silencer broke.

Martin Cole

Oct 12, 2003
Hi, we run a DEP pipe on our 02 YZ125 and it does help top-end revs but doesn't do anything at low rpm. You can get pipes to increase bottom end power or top end power but you can't get one to make it better across the range - except for the FMF SST pipe - which FMF say gives a 20% performance across the range - but if that were true there isn't a rider out there who would run anything else!
Most European pipes concentrate on providing additional top-end power only and as you ride 125s on the pipe nearly all the time it's probably the best option. If you want to do enduros or trail riding and need some more bottom end the best option is a flywheel weight to generate some inertia.
Pro-riders may have different pipes for different circuits - but they have time to practice with the different options and make a considered choice. Turn up at any clubman's UK moto x meeting and all you get is about two or three laps - barely enough time to sort out jetting and tyre pressures, let alone trying three or four exhaust combinations!
It won't really matter whether you've got a DEP, HGS, FMF, Pro Circuit or whatever, it will probably give more top end than the standard pipe and without a dyno test you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between them.
If you go practicing for a day and there are other riders there on similar bikes who might like to swap pipes around for a few laps, you might find one make is slightly better suited to your needs than another. If you have to buy them to try them then you'll be spending £1,000 or more for very little gain.
MC

Top Bottom