pipe question for you stealth guys

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
I have a 2001 RM125. It has a Pro Circuit pipe and shorty silencer (came on bike when bought). I want to get a FMF Q silencer to quite the bike since I trail ride not mx. Actually either way quite is better for me. So the question is do I have to buy a FMF head pipe also or will the FMF Q silencer mount up with the existing Pro Circuit head pipe?

Thanks

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Yes, the Q will work with the PC pipe. AFAIK, the only pipes that are silencer specific are the FMF SST's.

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
sweet

That was the answer I was hoping for. I don't have the green to buy a whole exhaust but can get a used silencer cheap.

Now I won't be that guy in the woods :)

Thanks

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
xcracer72 said:
I am that guy in the woods

No offence but I'm glad you don't live near me then. Because we are getting land closed all around due to noise and upsetting the wildlife. They are closing a lot of forest land and I don’t want to be part of the problem. You’ll be real proud of yourself when it’s you getting your trails closed and you were the problem. :moon:

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
gargamel said:
No offence but I'm glad you don't live near me then. Because we are getting land closed all around due to noise and upsetting the wildlife. They are closing a lot of forest land and I don’t want to be part of the problem. You’ll be real proud of yourself when it’s you getting your trails closed and you were the problem. :moon:

We ride and race on only private land. Compared to other regions we have virtually no restrictions and there isn't anyone around to hear us anyway. there are few tree huggers in this neck of the woods

Top Bottom