rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Anybody know of Derek SOrensons(Reeds mechanic) condition?? I heard CR mention something about bleeding in the brain and 2 broke legs and an ankle.. Hope he's alright and pulls through this..

nowazzu

Apr 24, 2004
Quote from Cycle News regarding Darrin Sorenson...
=======================================

Team Yamaha’s Chad Reed (pictured) will be without his usual mechanic Darrin Sorenson for most of the 2006 Amp’d Mobile Supercross Series.

“He’s at home on the couch,” Reed said. “He had a freak thing happen, he over-jumped a jump riding, and he’s pretty much laid up for the Supercross Series. For the Supercross season, I’ll have Alan Olson working for me. I’m bummed to have Rookie [Sorenson] not here, but I’m excited [for the start of tomorrow’s AMA Supercross Series]. You have to look at what you’ve got. Alan’s a great guy, he’s been around the sport forever, and he’s got a lot of experience.”

Sorenson is recuperating with a broken leg and injured ankles.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
RIght on, glad its not as bad i what i had thought :cool:

B

biglou

Udate:
RacerXillustrated: said:
January 11, 2006

Darrin Sorenson Update
- press release -

Darrin "Rookie" Sorenson Battles Back

Cypress, CA (January 10, 2006) - - Yamaha Factory mechanic Darrin "Rookie" Sorenson admitted himself into Riverside Community hospital last Thursday January 5, 2006 with symptoms of blurred vision and impaired speech. The affable mechanic, who earned "Mechanic of the Year" honors for his efforts during Chad Reed's Supercross Championship season, remains hospitalized in stable condition.

An MRI and Scans have established that a weak blood vessel near the top of his brain began to leak causing swelling of the brain. Fortunately, without the need for surgery, the bleeding has subsided with his condition and symptoms continually improving.

Initially, Darrin experienced symptoms last Wednesday but felt that possibly medication, a result of a recent "overjump" which injured his ankles riding motocross, was the culprit. It now appears that the leaking vessel was not a result of his crash or the medication but rather an existing, isolated factor.

Yamaha, his teammates, and his fans wish "Rookie" a quick recovery and hope to see his good nature back in the pits and his hard work up on the podium soon. Cards and letters for Darrin Sorenson can be sent to Yamaha Motor Corporation, attn: Racing Department at 6555 Katella Ave. Cypress, CA. 90630.

Top Bottom