joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Today at the track a 46 year old dude came up short on a set of doubles and went down hard,he probably would have walked away if not for his bike coming down on his leg, it snapped his femur into :yikes: i was right behind him when he went down when i got off my bike and got to him you could see that his leg was defenitly snapped into above the knee. He was a pretty large fella and was in such pain we could not move him off the track. When the paramedics got there and cut his pants and boots off the bone was pretruding through the skin. This was a nasty injury. He was more concerned that his wife was going to kill him when she found out about it, than his leg. That is definetly some sharp scissors that those paramedics have. It cut through his boot like hot butter.He was saying he thought his ankle was broke also

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hope he heals up, as an FYI NEVER move someone with a suspected broken femur. There is a risk with femur breaks of severing the femoral artery and if you do you can bleed out very quickly.

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Chili said:
Hope he heals up, as an FYI NEVER move someone with a suspected broken femur. There is a risk with femur breaks of severing the femoral artery and if you do you can bleed out very quickly.
I was not aware of that until the paramedics got there and said they would not transport him until they knew what his injuries were exactly. That is probably why they did not move him until they cut off his boot and pants.

Top Bottom