dante

Mar 24, 2004
Well I survived the Desert Run!!! 30 miles of pure hell!!! No but seriously it was a blast... I finished in 1 hour 45 min... There were five check points were you played a game like throw a dart or bean bag, typical poker run I guess... I've never done a poker run it was great... I felt comfortable to really ride hard with Search and Rescue guys all over the place as the event was to their benefit... Going over the dry lake bed it was fun to completely tap out my 125 in sixth and try turning and playing around at that speed... I had trouble with the hill climbs, they were littered with huge rocks... I got stuck behind a four stroke once and the guy was putting up practically and on my 125 I need to start out with a bunch of speed to even have a chance of making it up I couldn't get around... I stalled going up some hills that were not steep really but it's just the rocks... It's a bitch to negotiate the hills with various sized big rocks some as big as basket balls all over the hill climbs... Plus by the end I realised I had a flat tire, cause one of my spokes got too loose... It was so much fun to participate... I'm bummed I didn't find out about it sooner to let DRN know about it... It would have been cool to meet some of so cal wrecking crew people... I didn't see a single flyer of poster until the Day before the event oh well... mark those calendars for next year... I can't believe how fast you can make a CRF50 I've seen them in magazines but never in person... Their was some guy flying around on one of those things so fast it looked kind of silly... That bike was so loud too, it was really crazy... He had to be going 60 or so I mean hauling some serious tail... People were out on every type of off road vehicle imaginable, even beefed up golf carts... It was tons of fun...

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dante said:
I'm bummed I didn't find out about it sooner to let DRN know about it... It would have been cool to meet some of so cal wrecking crew people... QUOTE]

Great report dante. :cool: Thanks.

You are more than welcome to come out to any of our SoCal Wrecking Crew rides. Maybe next year we'll join you for this one. Sounds like it was fun.

Ol'89r

Top Bottom