phirechick

Sponsoring Member
Jul 3, 2001
Looking for a desert tank for the "00". Does IMS make one? I couldn't find one on there website. Does anyone use something else?

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
IMS does make an oversize tank for the KDX. However, I don't think it holds much more fuel than the stock tank. Please don't quote me or anything, but I think the stock tank has a capacity of 2.9 gallons and the IMS oversize holds 3.4 gallons of fuel.

I guess in the dessert that half gallon would make a difference but not that much of one, IMO.

I have an IMS in good shape if you want to trade for your stocker.

See ya,
Chuck

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
ChuckyBoy,

Would you be interested in selling the tank outright, or do you need a swap so you have a tank for your bike?  It seems like I'm always running out of gas on my 200.  Of course, maybe that's linked to the "puking out the overflow tubes" issue that I'm fighting.  ;)  Does it also come with the shrouds?

Thanks!

Brandon

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
hey chuckyboy, do you have any pics of ur bike with the ims tank on it? im getting one and id like to see a pic of it. becasue if i dont like the ims i have a guy that put a dry break into thestock tank and m just going to get that so i can have good pit stops at the gncc's. thanks

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
bmonnig - sorry, phirechick and I have already worked out a deal. She'll be getting my IMS.

kx693 - Yeah, I've got a couple of pics. The look of the IMS on the bike was part of the problem I had. I just flat out didn't like it. It was too bulky and it extended too high. I would always hit my chest protector on the filler cap when I had to lean forward when climbing steep hills or ducking under low branches. Anyway, I'll see if I can send you a couple of pics.

Later,
Chuck

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
KX693,

Here's a link to pictures of the bike. I'm not a subscriber to DRN yet so I was not able to send you a PM. I uploaded these to the Yahoo KDX forum. I hope the link works. You might have to copy and paste it into your browser. Again, if I was a DRN sunscriber I'm pretty sure the link would be active.

Darn, I need to subscribe soon!

See ya,
Chuck

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kawasaki-kdx/lst?&.dir=/ChuckyBoy+KDX&.src=gr&.view=t&.url=http%3a//us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_2188740/ChuckyBoy%2bKDX/back.jpg%3fbcMEqOtBTXtz7eml&.cx=150&.cy=112&.type=u

Ernie Estes

Dec 14, 2002
A trick that desert racers use is to fill a tank with boiling water and use air presssure to stretch the tank. It should give you about a half gallon more room.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom