TrailDawg

Sep 7, 2001
I'm wanting to get some of these disk guards for my '99 KDX220, but DeVol only lists them for up to '97 models. If I remember correctly they haven't changed anything on the KDX's since '97, so my thoughts are that they should work for me. Is this correct or am I missing something?

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
I've got Devol front and rear guards on my '01 KDX 220. I think they will fit an '02, so a '99 shouldn't be a problem. :aj: Mine have worked great, plus you can polish 'em right up with steel wool. :thumb:

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
I think Devol needs to update their catalog. I've got the rear disk guard that mounts by running the rear axle through it and using their supplied dust cap spacer. It works OK but I think the spacer is kinda skimpy and a little bit short to boot. I had to fit a washer between the spacer and the guard to get the clearence close to the orininal spacer. That is, disk guard, their spacer, and waher together equal the thickness of the OEM dust cap spacer. Kinda like an FMF pipe, you can make it fit but why should it be that way?

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
jeffw, I had the same problem. I had to make a spacer( I work in a machine shop). I called Devol about it, they said it should fit, but sent me a new spacer anyway. The new spacer was the right size. Maybe someone wasn't watching what they were doing. I have also heard stories about FMF, but my pipe and silencer slid right on. Who knows. Later. :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom