DEVOL Rear Disc and Galiper Guard

TraceDeBrake

Apr 12, 2006
Hi,

I got a DEVOL Rear Disc and Galiper Guard (KDX 220 2001)and
I think I'm missing something in the kit i dunno how the hell to mount it
I checked their web site and i have the right parts number

any of you have use this product ???
Any Info or pics on how to mount it ????
Do i have to drill and tap the swing arm ???

Thanks

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I think you are talking about two separate pieces, as the disc guard goes on the lower half while the caliper guard bolts onto the caliper.

If the disc guard is like the KX125 (pretty sure it is as they have the same hub) then you use their supplied spacer (in place of the stock one) and press the guard onto this same spacer. Then insert the new spacer/disc guard with the guard on the 3-6 o'clock position and tighten the axle nut. Voila.

crazybrit

Feb 19, 2006
TraceDeBrake said:
Hi,

I got a DEVOL Rear Disc and Galiper Guard (KDX 220 2001)and
I think I'm missing something in the kit i dunno how the hell to mount it
I checked their web site and i have the right parts number

any of you have use this product ???
Any Info or pics on how to mount it ????
Do i have to drill and tap the swing arm ???

Thanks

I've no clue on the Galiper Guard (sic). Assume this is a seperate product from the Disc guard. I have the WP caliper guard, it's trivial to install. No clue on the Devol.

The Devol Disc guard is easy to install. Remove right side spacer from wheel. Pop off plastic seal. Install seal onto supplied (narrower) aluminum spacer. Install guard between spacer and swingarm. Voila. Search the pics archives for how to position the guard, basically you want it's upper run about level with the bottom of the swingarm.

Tony

TraceDeBrake

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks guys .... I don't have the aluminum spacer in the box .... the only hardware that was include was the one for the galiper guard .
I'm gonna check with my dealer if i can return the item ????

Thanks again

no2tracks

Sep 26, 2004
I got one of those too. The rear disc guard needs tabs on the swingarm which my 02 200 did not have. I returned it. I don't know why Devol continues to market this product after 4 years as if it will magically fit one day. I've yet to find a rear disc guard that will bolt on.

crazybrit

Feb 19, 2006
no2tracks. You must have a totally different Devol disc guard than I do. The one I just installed fits onto the axle. They supply a narrower right side spacer. New spacer + guard = thickness of old spacer. There are no tabs. I think the MSR requires tabs else it has to be welded.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom