DG or FMF fatty pipe 88 KDX200

dave89b

Nov 7, 2009
which one? i want low end for trail riding. the DG doesn't come with the gaskets which is why i'm leaning towards the FMF.

i have no where to order the gaskets locally and don't want to spend more money ordering them.

these are the only two pipes i can find for my 88 kdx200. if anyone knows of another source, please chime in

oh and i called dirtoverstock and its 20-25 for shipping......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...90106126498&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

http://dirtoverstock.com/detail.aspx?ID=189

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Considering how I ride ( :ohmy: ) I would go with the DG. I have a Fatty on my '90 and it is getting beat up pretty good from trail riding here in AZ.

From what I have heard, the DG pipe is thicker which should translate as tougher and maybe just a tad quieter. Sorry, I can't speak on the power comparison of the two.

dave89b

Nov 7, 2009
i'm not to worried about power. i just want the thing to seal up good and not leak.

if the dg is thicker. thats probably better.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
The DG pipe is MUCH tougher than the Fatty. The old FMF Fatty pipes are thin, like.. paper thin. They do give a bit more punch up top, but you sacrifice low end torque for that gain. Like I said in your other thread, I'd go for the DG, but that's just my opinion. I can't decide for ya.

J.

*edit*

AFAIK those are your ONLY two choices for an aftermarket pipe.

dave89b

Nov 7, 2009
haha sweet. i'm excited. i still am having trouble with my carb. i forget what its called but the needle that has the e clip on it was set up one notch which is lean. so i set it back in the middle down one notch.

it runs way better but something still isn't right. i can never get it to idle right

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You may have to get those bits from a cycle shop.

Cheapcycleparts shows:

11009 GASKET, EXHAUST PIPE $7.31
670 O-RING, 45MM $6.84

check servicehonda too, sometimes they're even cheaper.

J.

Top Bottom