Did I Set My V-Force for Low Tension Right?

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
After reading most of the suggestions here, I decided to set up my V-Force 2 reed cage with the low tension setting. Only problem was that the directions were different then the actual piece was. The diagram said to loosen the three reed stop nuts and slide the piece forward. What I did was take out the two bolts on the reed stop, turn it upside down so that the LOW side faced up. It seemed like it was right, the reeds definetely flapped easier. The bike picked up a good bit of bottom end too it seems, much better for cornering I hope. But I just wanted to verify that everything was right.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Yep, that's the right way to do it. The instruction that comes with the v force aren't worth much. You have to flip the metal bracket to see "low" stamped on it.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah that's what I assumed. I looked at the picture and it had a three petal reed on it, whereas the one in my hand had two petals and I saw no other way to do it, so I flipped it around. I really like what it did. I was nervous at first because the bike took about 10 kicks to start, but I think that had to do with the carb cleaned I sprayed all through the carbureator when I had it off because once I got it started it ran hard and crisp. I'm repacking my silencer today, getting it all ready for Steel City this weekend.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You are only suppose to slide the reed stop, not turn it around. I haven't looked at mine but you may be getting way more reed movement that you are suppose to which could lead to early failure or damage from the reeds hitting the cast walls of the reed cavity.

If you slide the stop and then bend the reeds with your hand you can see that you get more movement.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I agree with rm_guy. Nowhere in my instructions did it mention flipping the reed stop, only loosening the screws and sliding the stop. As to having a metal stop with the word "low" stamped on it, I am assuming that is on an earlier model or a boyeseen reed, as my delta valve is all plastic (including the reed stop).

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
it depends! on my yz, it had the plastic stopper and you would slide it to get low and high. On my RM, it has the metal stopper and you flip it for high and low!:)

yz250_17

Aug 12, 2003
Don't know if you remember me..... I'm from New brunswick and I'm looking for a place to ride while I'm here in buckingham.... get a hold of me at s_l_riley@yahoo.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom