DID X-RING chain

Yzed-250F

Nov 10, 2000
I'm looking for some input about the DID x-ring chain for my YZ-250F. In your openion, is the long life/expense worth it? I race MX in every condition Wisconsin can dish out and don't really care about the potential power loss because it will probably be un-noticable. I just want long life out of the chain.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
never been a big fan of DID stuff, I like RK or regina chains better. They seem to last longer, but might cost a tad more.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
My DID x ring lasted through 2 seasons of MI sand. I rarely lubed it with anything other than WD-40 after washing.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
That's pretty impressive bwalker, did you change sprokets at all? I only get half a season from a standard ERT so it would be worth the extra few quid if it would last that long....

Thanks,

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
sprockets

Original front and a renthal rear. The front has visable wear but the back looks good.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I really like my DID X-ring chain. I have only had it for about 4 months, but I've only had to adjust it once. I purchased it after wearing out a non o-ring chain within 2 months. I see NO wear at all now on my chain or sprockets. If I remember correctly, it wasn't much more $ than a quality standard chain.

Jeremy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…