different needles for stock 220 carbs?

r.2 stroke

~SPONSOR~
Dec 29, 2001
Hi guys,i'd say that i'm in the minority,as most 220 owners seem to have a modified carb,eg.R+B designs,...but just wondering if any of you out there with the stock carb have played around with different needles,and what your conclusions were.....or heard of something that might be worth a try.
Cheers.

r.2 stroke

~SPONSOR~
Dec 29, 2001
Well,i guess that either no one has a stock 220 carb on,...or is just plain happy with the way it runs if they do!!

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Sorry... I have a 200 and they are well documented here.... Have you tried the search function? Wait... you are not a subscriber, then that won't work for you. I'm sure someone has but we are coming out of the weekend and not many people hang out here on the weekends...... :ugg:

r.2 stroke

~SPONSOR~
Dec 29, 2001
Thanks for the info Canyncarvr,something to read over the next few nights by the number of threads,by the way...get out on the Night hawk much?You guys must be just about in summer weather now.
Cheers.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
My 700sc has sat more in the past couple years than any street bike I've owned in my life. Guess that makes the answer, 'No.'

Poor thing feels neglected, no doubt.

Yep, summer is here, it seems.

**edit****
JD lists several CG_ needles on the first page that would be a good place to start. A 'C' series will give you a fairly aggressive ride....something to hold on to!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…