Different time and enemy, same American Resolve

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Ladies & Gentlemen,

If this attachment doesn't make you proud to be an American, nothing will.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 431

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I know exactly what you mean. I do have good news as the City of Dallas, TX is about to write a check for $1,000,000 for the relief of those public saftey personnel lost on Tuesday. Thank you to all of those who may have contributed. Our blood banks have been full of people raising their sleeves!
Louie Armstrong's What a Wonderful World comes to mind when I think of the coming together.

johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
Good job Yarbonwick! I'm with you. Different time but still a war zone. Common people with uncommon valor. Watching all the people working and digging at ground zero is true bravery. My prayers are with them constantly.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Today at a big intersection here there were two guys, one waving a big American flag and the other holding up a sign to honk for the lost people. Blew me away all the people that were honking, I was pretty choked up as I drove by blowing my horn.:(

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Speaking of $1 mil

My wife works for State Farm insurance. They announced a $1 million donation to the effort. Thats some serious cash!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
There were a dozen people at one of the major intersections on my way home tonight, with bullhorns and flags and signs. They were encouraging everyone to honk but my horn was broken. :(

I have red, white and blue ribbons tied to my antenna. :)

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Sprint has donated half a mil to the Red cross, and yesterday in Plano Kids were on a street corner raising $$ for the Red Cross, The American Spirit Lives:)

Jim

B

biglou

I posted about this somewhere the other day but can't remember where. The ABC affiliate here in KC got together with our local PBS station for an impromptu fundraiser and raised just over $500k in 12 hours and after 24 hours has raised around $1.2mil. Simply amazing. Don't ever forget how good people are. Don't let your faith in humanity be destroyed, not by terrorists with lost souls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom